Spay and Neuter Assistance
We spend countless hours dealing with the tragic results of cat overpopulation. Sadly, much of the suffering that we see might have been prevented if pets were spayed or neutered before they had a chance to reproduce. In order to assist people, who otherwise could not afford to spay/neuter their cats, Kitty Angels holds one or two clinics a month at Animal Rescue Veterinary Services, 194 Rockingham Rd., Londonderry, NH. (Directions) All surgeries are performed by a licensed veterinarian and are by appointment only. All cats run through this program are spayed (or neutered), receive a distemper and rabies vaccination, as well as a physical exam, a microchip and a nail trim. If your cat requires treatment for infections, earmites, fleas or worms, these medications are dispensed for an additional small fee.
Kittens must weigh a minimum of two pounds in order to be spayed through this clinic. The cost to the pet owner is based on a sliding scale. A suggested donation of $90 per cat is requested; however, grant money may be available for those who are not able to afford the nominal fee. Contact Kitty Angels for information.
To request an appointment, send an email to email@example.com with a subject of "Spay/Neuter" and include the following information:
- Your name
- Your phone number (including area code)
- Your town/city and state
- Your cat's name
- Your cat's gender
- Your cat's age
- Any additional information you desire
Alternatively, call (978) 649-4681, leave a message with this information, and someone will get back to you with a time and date.Sending email goes directly to the volunteer who is in charge of scheduling our clinic and is the recommended method. If you call, there may be an additional delay before someone gets back to you.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the process on arrival is as follows:
- All humans are required to wear a mask
- Check in appointments are between 8:00 am and 8:45 am
- Check in will be done in the parking lot, only the patient (your cat) will be allowed in the clinic
- Please bring exact change (cash only) for payment due at check in
- We will call you when your cat is ready to be discharged/picked up
Please be part of the solution to break the cycle of pet overpopulation - Make an appointment for your cat today!
ARVS is located at 194 Rockingham Road in Londonderry NH, behind the FIS insurance office.
- Take Interstate 93 to exit 5.
- At the end of the ramp, head towards Manchester. If you are coming from south turn left - if from the north turn right
- Go about 0.65 miles and ARVS are on the right You will see the tall insurance sign
- If you pass Dunkin Donuts on the left, you just missed it
The Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society also offers low cost spay/neuter packages in their “Catmobile” which comes to various towns in the region. For appointments and information call 978-465-1940. The Catmobile is in Lowell every other week, as well as other towns throughout MA. Check the MRFRS website for dates and times.
Read Why Spay and Neuter (PDF) from the ASPCA.
Kitty Angels, Inc. P.O. Box 638 Tyngsboro, MA 01879
978-649-4681 - www.kittyangels.org
© 2021 Kitty Angels